Sunday, January 1, 2012

Stadium Pretzels


Use the K.I.S.S. Method when working with bread.  (Keep it simple, silly) but always start out with the finest flour.

To big bowl add:
  • 3/4 cup warm water
  • 1 pkg. active dry yeast
  • 1-1/2 tsp. sugar
  • 2 Tbl. melted butter
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 2-1/4 cups all purpose flour

Mix it into a softball. Let it take a nap under a blanket for 20 minutes. Pinch off a glob and shape each glob into a pretzel.  Let it sit 20 minutes more. 





Brush top with beaten egg white and course salt.  Bake at 425 degrees on greased pan (PAM Spray) for 10 to 12 minutes or until golden brown.

The work horse in my kitchen is my Kitchen-Aid Mix Master.  Honestly, I know I wouldn't be making all the breads, noodles, and goodies I do if I had to use a portable mixer.  I probably wouldn't be able to find the little beater bars half of the time.

 During those 20 minutes
when my pretzels are rising,
I mess around
in the iclouds
with my iphone's pictures.
Here's what I made today!
 
  I like to have my breads, rolls and pretzels
look home made so I don't overthink it.
It is what it is. 
And what it is tastes just fine. 
And if you don't like it, don't look.


To make honey-mustard pretzels, just add the following to  the egg whites before you brush them on:
  • stone ground dijon mustard
  • Michigan honey
Use however much you like.  After brushing, sprinkle on your course salt or table salt.

Voila!  Honey Mustard Stadium Pretzels.


Here's the finished pretzels
and Martha Who? can stick it.  



 Final thought...


Just started drinking this and love it!  It comes like a drink box with a straw.  90 calories of liquid heaven.  Great on plain cereal. It is low fat and has more calcium than milk...I sure don't want to break a hip in 2012! (wink)


HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY



No comments:

Post a Comment